Many secondary schools offering specialized art programs start their portfolio auditions during the winter. Students considering a formal art education may not have developed the required skills or have the necessary items to present for an art audition, and that is perfectly acceptable given a child's hectic schedule.
In preparation for secondary or post-secondary art portfolio interviews, Pixel Art and Design offers three different workshops: private, pay-as-you-go and group sessions.
Our workshops help to build impressive art portfolios for entry into secondary and post-secondary schools of visual art, architecture, and design. Our instructors are Ontario Certified Teachers (OCT) of Visual Art and Communication Technology. We are also certified ESL and special needs teachers and can design our lessons to suit your child's learning needs.
Pixel's portfolio development classes range from just over $20 for groups of 5 participants and $25 - $30 for private art sessions. Pixel's portfolio development classes range from just over $20 for groups of 5 participants and $25 - $30 for private art sessions. Our art portfolio preparation classes help students to develop creative skills and innovative ideas for visual art portfolio auditions.
For Example, during a private 10-hour portfolio development workshop students may choose to learn any five styles offered on our website including doodle art, landscape image manipulation, digital figure drawing, cartoon illustration and T-shirt design.
Alternatively, and based on the specific requirements of the interviewing school, a 10-hour workshop may include all of the following:
1. Sketchbook development - which will show a progression of your ideas and illustrative style
2. Self Portrait - any style, using your choice of medium (digital or traditional sketch)
3. Still Life drawing or painting - using digital or traditional tools
4. Three-dimensional artwork. (your choice of media)
5. Digital landscape photograph or painting
6. An artist statement - guidance in writing an effective artist statement to reflect your style and thinking process
7. We can also help students to build a professional online portfolio to present their work. It is much more convenient and often preferred by some schools to have a digital online portfolio.
Our digital art school in Thornhill, located in the Royal Bank Plaza at 1136 Centre street suite 208, is currently accepting participants for our art portfolio development workshops. To register for an art portfolio class, please visit: http://www.pixelartanddesign.com/art-portfolio-classes. For a free art portfolio consultation you may call our office at: (289) 597 - 1919 or (647) 668-0690.
We are available on weekends and after school and can work with your child's schedule.